Saturday, January 2, 2010

41 Days, Really?

OK, so while reading Lolly's blog I noticed she said there only 41 days until The Winter Olympics in Vancouver. And earlier in the day while watching the Ohio State/ Oregon football game I wondered what the new Norwegian ski team sweater for the 2010 Olympic games looked like...I am not an Ohio State fan, but we were entertaining good friends who are big fans. SO the game was n and the lady folks got a little distracted  Oh, and Ohio quarterback, Tyrell Pryor, is a local boy.

After a little searching I found this

and of course the next logical thought was Oh, I should totally make that before the Olympics so that I can wear it for the Olympics (not to attend the actual Olympics, mind you, but to sit in my living room watching the actual Olympics). OK, maybe not so logical, prudent or even possible but it seemed like a good idea at the time. It should be a super quick Nowegian knit. Mostly stockinette in the round with a little interest near the top and I love me a shawl collar. So anyone else up for this little challenge?

I have a couple of secret projects I want to finish up in the next few days but then I will be charting and casting on as soon as possible. Ah, the yarn possibilities, one of the best things about a new project. I don't have a local source for Dale so will have to substitute something warm and wooly with just the right shade of icy blue. Any ideas?

I am thinking this would be a fun Ravelry KAL...anyone, anyone, Bueller, Bueller??

No comments: