Sunday, January 3, 2010

Alpaca Anyone??

The baby daughter is spending the month of January at the very southern tip of Chile. Skyped with her yesterday and she happened to model the most beautiful alpaca stranded sweaters she had just purchased. She said she only paid $12 for one and $15 for the other. Why, oh why, didn't I send her down there with more empty suitcases? She also promised a little something for me and I think it might be in the raw sweater state so now I am even more anxious for her return.

She is having a blast so I don't want to rush her home, but, oh man, the sweaters!!!

What are you knitting for the new year? I started a pair of baby blue Koigu socks for a friend who is fighting thyroid cancer. Just a plain Jane vanilla pattern so I can read while knitting. I am also knitting a little present for someone but can't share just yet. That only has one more front to knit and it will be finito.

Then back to the endless swatches. I have been failing at swatching lately. I guess you can't really fail at swatching as that is the nature of the beast. To try out ideas and see if they work. But wouldn't it be nice if one in 5 swatches worked the way I thought they would? It is a tad frustrating to spend 2 hours knitting a little ditty and then realize it is not doing what you thought it would in your head. What's up with that. I think I have lost my swatching Mojo.

Well, here's to wishing everyone a Happy knitting, gardening and whatever your pleasure New Year.

No comments: