Saturday, January 9, 2010

Back in the Saddle , Again


Welcome to our winter wonderland.

This is the view from my front door today,



a bit different than this one.




And this is the walk to our field

 

perhaps you remember this view.




I am such an idiot. The new Mac completely kicked my butt. You may have noticed the almost complete lack of photos in my posts recently. This is because I hit a button on Finder in my MacBook and couldn't find (no, the irony is not lost on me) my photos to download. But all is forgiven and we are back where we started. So there should be much more knitting content. There has been knitting and traveling and snow.

So let's see what else I can find to show you....

Here we have a sweater I originally knit for the hubby but he decided it was a little too Mr. Rogers, voila, a Christmas gift for his dad. Shhh, don't tell Dad I didn't have him in mind while I was knitting it. He loved it and was touched I took the time. He received lots of compliments at church, so it's all good. Oh, this also dovetails with the fact that this lovely man graduated with the real Mr. Rogers. He is one of the sweetest men on the planet so it must have been quite a kind class of students. And yes, I did win the family sweepstakes when I married into this family.





 A hat designed to teach cabling to novice knitters. Terrible picture but you get the idea. Nashua "Julia", love this yarn, wicked soft.
 
The little world traveler has flown the coop again. Ask where she is now, go ahead ask. Let's just say she can see Antarctica from her porch. She is in southern Chile for the month of January. And "south" is really almost as south as you can go on this planet. She is south of the Straits of Magellan, you know where they used to take ships into the Pacific from the Atlantic before they built the Panama Canal. I think that counts as south.



She is working at a biosphere, writing identifying documents for the plant life at said biosphere. She could explain it so much more eloquently, but I think that's the gist of it. She is also following in the footsteps of Darwin, pretty heady stuff for a biologist. I will share the pictures as soon as she shares with me. I hear they are worth waiting for. She begins student teaching the day after she returns from the end of the world, ah to be young and so energetic.

No comments: