Monday, February 7, 2011

Time for some knitting

Much of the knitting I do now is stealth knitting I'm not at liberty to share until it is published, but I did finish some pretty things recently and thought I'd trot them out.

 This is a pair (technically, one glove) made with Malabrigo sock yarn. My riff on Selbouvettor patterning.
           Gauge: 9 1/2 sts to the inch (perhaps a PR)
I love this glove and hoped to finish the second before the end of winter, because they are for me. I think a knitwear designer should have a pair of fancy pants hand knit gloves. Just seems right.

Now this is a hat I designed to keep DD#1 warm in chilly VA. I had some leftovers from this pretty and I love working with this yarn so much...it wasn't too much of an hardship. So she got a hat which is lined with alpaca and a pair
of pop up mittens for walking the grandpuppy.

She received them and loves them.



Also I have been absent so much that there haven't been any winter pictures of Touchstone Farm. I know you were wondering how much snow we got this winter. This isn't even the worst if it. Just what we had laying around after a particularly snowy evening. I love this last shot. The whole mountain looked like it was dusted with powdered sugar.

We have had a few days of above freezing temps so much of this snow has melted, but I hear more is on the way.

No comments: