Thursday, September 18, 2008

Morning Glories

What an amazing shade of blue...and look how the light seems to shine from the center of the bloom.







I love morning glories. They are one of the few flowers that has an absolutely true blue color to it's blossoms.

This is also a shot of my gorgeous new Walpole Woodworks arbor, which was a Mother's Day gift last year. I have planted New Dawn roses on either side and two dark blue, purply clematis. My husband insisted I only plant morning glories because he doesn't want to obscure the beauty of the arbor under rose bushes. I planted the morning glories to appease him this year and I have to admit we have been enjoying them. I hope the roses do well here though because I love roses over an arbor.


There has been jerky knitting as I careen from one idea to another. I love the thought of snuggling in for the Fall with a few big projects so I am hoping to finish up some little ones first.

DD#1 has a young professor who was just diagnosed with breast cancer. When they returned to school in August Catydid was shocked when she walked into studio. She had started chemo and had lost all her hair. Catydid called and asked me to knit her a hat as she didn't seem to have anything to keep her head warm. I found 3 skeins of Plymouth Suri Merino and have begun the following panel of twisted knitting. When this strip is 20" long I will sew the two short ends together and pick up stitches along one long edge for the top of the hat. I am very happy with the design so far. The twisted stitches are laying flat just the way I envisioned them. My only concern now is that the yarn is scratchier than I wanted. I hope it is not too irritating to her delicate skin.



This is a scarf I am making for Catydid out of a wonderful sock yarn from Sanguine Gryphon. Wonderful greens and browns, she loves the colors. I am a little worried that I won't be able to make a long enough scarf as I don't have much yardage left. Will hope for lots of growth in the blocking. and that it will bloom into the lovely lace I am imaging.

Also working on a pair of Noro sock yarn socks, don't know who the recipient will be but they look very nice right now. There is lots of yardage in these skeins which is wonderful for a change.

I am also trying to finish up Catydid's v-neck Fair Isle vest. I have reached the underarms so things should fly soon. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is useful to try everything in practise anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)