Tuesday, July 22, 2008

2008 Botanical Garden Tour: Part 2

More gratuitous garden pictures from the Botanical Garden Tour 2008.


This is a water locust. The original cutting for this locust is believed to be 2,000 years old. My girlfriend threatened to yank a piece out of the pond and take it home with her. The fact that she doesn't have a pond or water feature of any kind did not distract her. When I warned the police would probably be called she rethought it. Talk about guerrilla gardening.

A very serene Ligonier garden. I have a bench like this, mine sits on my deck looking at the garden. I love the idea of the bench in the garden I just don't imagine real gardeners ever sit in their gardens. But it makes a very nice vignette.

Another very nice water feature. I do love the idea of the waterfall. This one isn't too bad but the hill in the back looks a wee bit suspect, too artificial and man made.

We all fell in love with the turtle with a shaggy haircut. He was a frame filled with sphagnums moss and then poked with various mosses.

A little garden of succulents.

Hilltop is the name of this garden and very appropriate too. This is as close to big sky country as we have in western PA. As someone who lives half way up the mountain and am surrounded by trees these vistas appeal to me. But I am very happy with my little corner of the world (Occasionally the people on top of the mountains run out of well water, that rarely happens at the bottom of the mountain).

This is the view from the back of their house.
This is the view of the back of their house.
There has also been a little knitting. I am also working on something I can't share because it is a surprise.

I have taken the pictures and just spent the last 40 minutes trying to get the pictures from my camera to the file where I can upload them to this blog. Obviously the learning curve with my new camera has me flummoxed and I will get back with the pictures of the baby sweater later.

No comments: